Dishwasher dies. No Lights on panel.
My Repair & Advice:
The Thermal Fuse is located in the door of this model. The inside door and outside door panel sandwiches the plastic module that houses the controller board and thermal fuse.
1. Turn off the power to the dishwasher (switch or breaker).
2. Loosen the screws that sandwiches the front door together.
3. Inside the plastic module, you will find the thermal fuse clipped to the housing of the control board.
4. Snip the two wires leading to the thermal fuse.
5. Remove the old thermal fuse.
6. On the existing wire in the dishwasher, strip about 1/4" off and connect it to the wiring harness that comes with the new thermal fuse.
7. Clip the new thermal fuse in place.
8. Zip tie the excess wiring to the existing harness in the dishwasher.
9. Turn on power to dishwasher and test for lights to work on the panel.
10. If the lights work, then screw the pieces back together starting with the two screws nearest to the door latch. This will secure the large plastic module to the inner door. This works best with the door all the way open. Also, sit with your legs crossed, with the door resting in your lap. Pull the lower rack out with some dishes in it to give the door some weight.
11. Slide the outer door panel into the bracket of the inner door panel. That bracket will act as a second hand for you while screwing it all back up. Screw the rest of the door together.
|Was this story helpful to you?